How to Fall Asleep Faster and Better With These 7 Tips and Tricks
Do you have trouble falling asleep at night? If so, you’re not alone—millions of people worldwide deal with insomnia and other sleep-related problems. The good news is that there are ways to fall asleep faster and better.
Here are seven tips and tricks to help you fall asleep easily:
1. Set a time for going to bed and getting up and follow this schedule, even on weekends.
- Follow these tips to establish a suitable bedtime routine: To establish a routine, start by winding down for 30 minutes before bed. Avoid using screens (such as phones, laptops, or TVs) during this time.
- Do something calming, such as reading, listening to music, or writing in a journal. Start your routine at the same time every night so that your body gets used to it.
- Take a warm bath or shower and check your room temperature. If your room is too hot, it is difficult to sleep. Make sure your bedroom is dark, quiet, and calm. It will help signal to your body that it’s time to sleep. Use blackout curtains or blinds to block out any outside light.
- If you have trouble sleeping in silence, try using white noise machines or earplugs to block out external noise.
2. It’s best to avoid coffee, tea, energy drinks, and other caffeinated beverages at least six hours before bedtime.
- Try these tips to help you fall asleep faster: Alcohol may make you feel drowsy at first, but it can disrupt your sleep later in the night. It’s best to avoid alcohol before bed. If you can’t give up caffeine or alcohol entirely, try to limit your intake to earlier in the day.
- Drink coffee or tea in the morning and have your last alcoholic beverage at least three hours before bedtime. Drink chamomile tea or any other relaxing beverage two hours before bedtime.
- Try not to smoke cigarettes before bed. Nicotine is a stimulant that can keep you awake. If you smoke, try to quit or at least cut back. Smoking earlier in the day will give your body time to metabolize the nicotine before bedtime.
- Try these tips to improve your sleep: If your room is too hot or cold, it will be difficult to fall asleep. Use air conditioning or heating to adjust the temperature of your room until you find a comfortable level.
- Besides being the perfect temperature, your bedroom should also be dark and quiet. Use blackout curtains or blinds to block out any outside light. Block out noise with earplugs and wear a sleep mask if necessary.
- Try these tips to use lavender oil for better sleep: Add a few drops of lavender oil to your pillow or diffuser. Or, add a few drops of lavender oil to your bathtub and enjoy a relaxing bath before bedtime.
5. More ways to relax. There are many relaxation strategies that you can try.
- Here are a few to get you started: Tense and relax different muscle groups in your body, starting with your toes and working up to your head.
- Deep breathing involves taking slow, deep breaths and focusing on your breath as you inhale and exhale.
- Visualization involves picturing a peaceful scene in your mind, such as a beach or a meadow.
- Start by practicing them for 20 minutes during the day and then try doing them for a few minutes before bedtime. Use relaxation apps such as Headspace or Calm.
- If you can’t fit in a full workout, try taking a brisk walk or a bike ride. Avoid exercising within two hours of bedtime, making it harder to fall asleep.
7. Hero CBN Gummies. 2-3 Hero CBN gummies 30 min prior to getting in bed seems to be doing the trick. Our customers are giving us great feedback, and a common theme seems to be the 2-3 gummy usage.