What To Know About Delta 8 Products
Delta 8 Products have been the latest buzz in the hemp industry. The experimental compound has potential benefits for physical and mental well-being and has been a major draw for enthusiasts. However, the cannabinoid hasn't received quite as much attention as its close relative Delta 9 THC (a psychoactive compound found in marijuana) has, limiting research into the cannabinoid. Although research has been limited on Delta 8 , this detailed guide will tell you everything we know about Delta 8 THC, how it compares and differs from other cannabinoids, along with Delta 8 Products available.
What is Delta 8 THC?
This isn't the most popular cannabinoid in cannabis, but it's one of the four most notable of over a hundred compounds that naturally occur in the plant. Although Delta 8 THC is psychoactive, it is a more mild version than Delta 9 THC, which occurs in tiny concentrations. Its high value resides in the complex extraction, isolation, conversion, and refinement processes.
Delta 8 THC is a complex substance to produce at high concentrations, although there are simpler methods of making it. As a whole, Delta 8 is a robust cannabinoid with lots of potential. It is both a derivative of hemp and CBD, and if the final product contains less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC, it is entirely legal. You can purchase Delta 8 as a distillate or isolate concentrate, as well as in finished Delta 8 products such as capsules like our Delta 8 capsules.
How is Delta 8 made?
The plant material from which hemp is extracted usually relies on the use of CO2 when extracting the desired compounds from the general plant matter, producing an oily concentrate rich in the cannabinoids and other compounds in the hemp flower. After that, delta 8 must be isolated from hemp plants because the substance appears in trace amounts in the plant. In addition to logistical challenges, delta 8 must be produced by using a large amount of plant material, compared to pure CBD, for instance.
Increasingly, companies are taking advantage of the fact that CBD and delta 8 are isomers, which means that they share the same atoms but are arranged differently. CBD compounds can be atomized to convert cannabis into delta 8, which is becoming one of the most common ways to produce delta 8 products. It still yields a clean and legal product, while keeping manufacturing costs low.
What's the Difference Between Delta 8 Products and CBD Products?
The differences between Delta 8 products and CBD products are more balanced than those between Delta 8 and Delta 9. This is because CBD is a chemically different substance than Delta 8 THC. For example, Delta 8 is a psychoactive substance, whereas CBD is not. Furthermore, scientists have explored the benefits of CBD much more and have come up with a comprehensive list of their differences and benefits.
- A psychoactive substance
- It is very likely to fail a drug test.
- At Low Concentrations
- Used both medically and recreationally
- Associated with CB1 and CB2 receptors
- It is non-psychoactive.
- It's unlikely to fail a drug test
- Concentrations at High Levels
- Commonly used as a medicine
- It binds to CB1 receptors
What's the Difference Between Delta 8 and Delta 9?
Even though Delta 8 and Delta 9 may share some similarities, they have distinct differences as well.
Contrary to CBD, which is widely associated with a lack of psychoactive effects, Delta 8 THC is the opposite. Some consumers find Delta 8 psychoactive, but less so than Delta 9. Generally, it's like the "weed light": many benefits and effects of Delta 9 scaled back a bit, but it still has the potential to be euphoric and induce appetite.
Though these two chemical compounds originate from the cannabis plant, they are closely related by sharing many similarities. There is only one difference between Delta 8 THC and Delta 9 THC - the double bonds are on the 8th and 9th carbon chains, respectively, so both contain double bonds; the difference is the position of the carbon chains, hence the names.
In addition to their structural and functional similarities, the Endocannabinoid System's receptors react relatively similarly, they both share many of the same properties, and they both behave similarly. It is an exciting discovery to learn that both Tetrahydrocannabinol cannabinoids have the same effects, making them ideal for both medicinal and recreational use. Although the compounds can be distinguished by differences, there is not too much between them. Both bind to the CB1 receptors and offer psychotropic effects; nevertheless, Delta 8 THC is half the strength of the compound, making it more tolerable for recreational use.
What are the Delta 8 effects?
Similar to Delta 9, its larger terpene and cannabinoid profile can potentially either energize or relax the consumer. It can also potentially induce some of the typical heady and psychoactive effects. Despite being capable of doing all these things, delta 8 achieves them at a lower intensity. Although there is a noticeable cannabis effect even for experienced users, it is less intense; however, the potential negative side effects of cannabis are also reduced. Some of the side effects resemble those of THC, including dry mouth, red eyes, the munchies, short-term memory loss, paranoia, or anxiety. There is still need for further research into Delta 8 effects on the mind and body. It has not been extensively studied. Delta 8 tends to be less racy, as mentioned, but what else does it do?
In addition to potential mild euphoria and happiness, Delta 8 is also potentially effective at treating insomnia, although it has less potency than THC. Consumers also report relief from pain and relaxation thanks to its effects. Try our Delta 8 Relief Bundle to reap these effective pain relieving benefits. Along with the potential pain reducing Delta 8 our DMSO Roll On included in the bundle also contains other beneficial ingredients like CBD Oil, DMSO, MCT Oil, Eucalyptus Turmeric, Arnica, and Glutathione.
Other potential benefits of Delta 8
As we discussed earlier, Delta 8 THC is one of the least studied cannabinoids, but we are still familiar with its positive effects. Few studies have examined delta 8 THC, and those who have experienced its effects have offered anecdotal evidence to support this.
This section reviews some of the research on Delta 8 THC that has been conducted and speculates on some of the other potential benefits of this cannabinoid:
- Potential anti-cancer benefits. A study conducted in 1975 discovered that Delta 8 THC has potential antineoplastic properties, meaning it might aid in fighting cancer. In 2020, a new investigation of the benefits of delta 8 against breast cancer followed up on this older study.
- Potential antiemetic benefits. A notable study of Delta 8 THC took place in 1995, and it tested whether this compound could help in the treating of chemotherapy-induced nausea in kids with cancer. The results of this study indicate that Delta 8 is more effective than standard antiemetics in preventing nausea in children, however no further studies have been performed to verify these results.
- May Treat Seizures. Scientists examined the possible benefits of Delta 8 THC on seizures in 1982. They found that rats treated with D8 had fewer seizures than untreated rats. Similarly, animals given Delta 9 THC showed similar effects. Nonetheless, a more recent comprehensive review found discrepancies, although the majority of the reviewed studies used Delta 9 THC, which is still significant because of the similarity between D8 and D9. THC was found to be helpful in many studies involving seizure-related incidents. In others, though, it either triggered seizures or did not have any beneficial effect at all.
Most Common Delivery Methods for Delta 8
Lastly, we'll look at delta 8 products and their delivery methods. You'll see that they're basically the same as CBD delivery methods, except that they include a different cannabinoid as an active ingredient.
- Delt 8 Gummies: As with all gummies, Delta 8 gummies have a delicious taste and long lasting but delicate effects. Delta 8 gummies can take between one and two hours to peak in the system, which is due to the fact that the digestive tract has to be slowly metabolized. Compared with smoking delta 8 flower, the effects tend to be felt generally throughout the body, and are gentler. Give our Delta 8 gummies a try. They contain 20mg of Delta 8 per gummy and come in assorted fruit flavors.
- Delta 8 Vape: Also readily available are Delta 8 vape pens. These are all-in-one systems that come with a battery and cartridge, and they are ready to use as soon as they are taken out of the box. They come in different flavors and strengths, just like most of the CBD vape pens available on the market.
- Delta 8 Capsules: Products like Delta 8 capsules are simple to understand. They aren't just capsules that contain delta 8, but also other hemp compounds or plant compounds not related to cannabis. Effects usually peak in around an hour and last for a few hours.
Like CBD, Delta 8 is available in many forms, and all of them are user-friendly and effective in their own way. Therefore, consider the delivery method that will be most convenient for you based on your goals and needs.
Hero Brands was founded on the mindset of “Plants over Pills”. We are huge advocates in using plant-based alternatives over opioids and prescription medications, and educating our consumers on the use of all parts of the hemp plants, combining different cannabinoids with terpenes, and how to dose properly. To learn more about the Delta 8 products we offer visit our website here.